Tuesday, March 25, 2014

8th Food tasting: Passion Cooks

To start off, Here's a trivia: Passion Cooks is the first supplier I contacted when I started planning our wedding (yes, before Church & Venue). Passion Cooks is my first love caterer and it is also hard for me to let them go.. When I am searching for possible venues here in Manila I am saying that PC (Passion Cooks) is my caterer. So why I didn't choose PC? comparing their package with KbyCunanan it seems that KbyCunanan's package has more inclusions so we let PC go..

Why did we had food tasting? I wanted to make sure that we made the right choice of choosing KbyCunanan if not, I am willing to go back to PC.

Let's start, we went to Maja's Home Cafe in BF Homes (thanks to Ren & Melo for the ride) for the group food tasting.

They first served the salad

Oriental Salad with Mango And Tomato Salsa

Verdict: I finished my salad, It was really good. The combination of sweet mango and salty catfish plus the fresh lettuce yummy! I super love this one.


Then, they served us 2 kinds of soup (one after the other)

Butternut Squash and Fresh Apples

Potato and Leek

Verdict: 
Butternut Squash and Fresh Apples - at first, I did not eat the apples I just tasted the squash soup and it was okay. Then I tried it with apples it was better. The crunchiness of the apple added an extra kick to the soup

Potato and Leek - I love this more than the first one. It has bacon bits (I guess that's why) the breadstick is also yummy! 

Appetizers were served next

Wild Mushroom Vol-au-vent

Bacon and Banana Rolls

Verdict: 
Wild Mushroom Vol-au-vent - Only one from the group liked this, but since I love mushrooms I also liked this one.. not that super yummy! but still okay

Bacon and Banana Rolls - this is as simple as bacon wrapped banana dipped in honey but the banana, bacon & honey complimented each other making this yummy! 

Next, Main courses were served (I am excited)

Chicken and Ham Crepe

Grilled Peppered Fish Fillet

Grilled Pork Ribs w/ Herbed Cream Cheese

Grilled Beef Kebabs

Baked Prawns Thermidor

Basilico E Pomodoro


Verdict: 
Chicken and Ham Crepe -this one is Love! cripy on the outside and cheesy on the inside. Yummy! the only concern I have this that they should put more gravy sauce.

Grilled Peppered Fish Fillet - Good specially with the mango sauce (not in the picture sorry!) 

Grilled Pork Ribs w/ Herbed Cream Cheese - The pork is tender and I love the cream cheese sauce. the mascuvado apples also adds additional kick to this dish. 

Grilled Beef Kebabs - The beef is tender and tasty. maybe I am just not into kebabs that is why I did not enjoy this that much.

Baked Prawns Thermidor - Super LOVE! yes, I am biased because I love prawns but this one is a must have! hands down! need I say more?

Basilico E Pomodoro -this pasta has no meat, sauce is more on the sour side. This is to balance the creaminess of the above dish to avaoid "umay" factor but I think this pasta is not for me.

Then, the dessert part

Chocolate Lazy Cake

Mango Cream Pie

Verdict: 
Chocolate Lazy Cake - Biscuit dipped in chocolate. Not that sweet. Just Okay
Mango Cream Pie - feels like mango panna cotta. Good but nothing special

I love how cozy and homey feel of the Cafe...



Overall:
As I told you, PC is my first love caterer that is why I am familiar with the foods. I am super happy that most item in my menu is served. The food is really yummy and the servings is huge (I knew my guest will be full). I love the food and Maja (the owner) is really nice.

Why didn't we changed our mind?
KbyCunanan's menu has more inclusions than Passion Cooks considering the same price. And Tiffany chairs really matters to us (which is an add-on to PC). And since Maja's Home Cafe is open to the public we can always go there if we missed their food.


You can contact Passion Cooks thru the following







0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com