Sunday, July 21, 2013

6th Food Tasting: K by Cunanan (again!)

This is our 2nd Food Tasting with K by Cunanan, This is now our deciding FT whether we will get KbyC or not. Sorry again this is overdue post this happened last July 2, 2013.

Let's start our food journey. Disclaimer: I am not feeling well that day my monthly period is starting so I have a weird taste bud that day and I am unable to taste the yummy foods *sad* so I am basing on Nana's comment those that I am unable to sink into my system.

The verdict might have comparison with our previous food tasting (^_^)

Let's start with appetizers


Verdict:
1. Hoisin crackling pork wrap (top) - The pork version of  the previous appetizer that we had, This is also yummy same as the chicken version the sauce blends well but we liked the chicken more.

2. Pan de sal bruschetta, adobo flakes, mango salsa & Kesong puti (right) - The bruschetta is really filled with toppings I love the mango and the kesong puti. We liked this but because it has onions (and I do not like onions) we still need to think.

3. Crostini with prawn thermidore (left) - The bread is harder than the previous one but I liked this more (yes, because of the prawn) the cream and cheese is so yummy. 

Overall, with the number of appetizer that KbyC had, we (or shall I say I) will have a hard time thinking specially if most are yummy. In this batch we realized that 1. we liked better the chicken version of the wrap and 2. we need to choose those that are not that common because for sure 1 or 2 of our guest already attended a wedding catered by KbyC and we don't want to serve them the same bestselllers.

Then we had Salad and Soup

Squash Soup (sorry for the crappy picture)

Verdict: You can really taste the squash and I love the creaminess but for us we liked the broccoli and cheese more.

Barbecue chicken salad

Verdict: This is the best seller among the salads because less greens and even the non-salad lovers will love this. The barbeque sauce is not that overpowering and I became full already after finishing this. The only con that I can think of is that this is hard to eat in a small bowl like this because it will be hard to mix (I have to eat the crispy strips first before I can dig in my bowl and mix everything, the strips could have add crunch to the salad as a whole) but overall, we liked this better than the Insalata Caprese. 

Let's move on to the main entrees (I am excited)

Carrot Rice

Verdict: still the same yummy! I really love this rice. I wonder if we will get all carrot rice or half carrot rice half steamed rice?


Grilled red snapper, mango salsa, coconut cream

Verdict: I am hearing raves about this dish that is why I am excited to try this out but sadly this did not pass my taste buds. Again maybe it's just me or something is wrong with what is served to us because I did not taste the coconut milk, it is like more watery than creamy(because of the coconut milk) the fish also is not that tasty.

The picture can do justice that what they served us is watery and we do not want things like this to happen in our big day. We will try the Baked fish next time.


Grilled pepper-crusted tenderloin steak,mashed potato cakes, creamed spinach

Verdict: Oh my! this is super yummy... I love the steak and the mashed potato cake promise.. I guess they should put more pepper (for a peppery feel) but Love Love Love this one, I did not taste the spinach (because I do not eat spinach) but Nana said it is good. The mashed potato cake is also love (^_^) but.. this is an upgrade *sad* an additional 200/person *ouch*  Let's see if budget permits to serve this even for VIP only. 

Honey nut prawns

Verdict: Saving the best for last, This is super love at first bite.. The prawns are big (in fairness) and so yummy!!!  I don't like nuts that much so if ever, I will ask to lessen the nuts. Though I already love this dish I still wanted to taste the other prawn dish, the Prawn Thermidore. Another thing, this dish is already an upgrade *ouch* but I love prawns that much and I wanted my guest to be happy also so we will add a prawn dish.

Chicken parmigiano, pomodoro pasta


Verdict: I am really having a hard time choosing a pasta dish, This pasta has a big chunk of chicken on top (which for me is really impressive). A mixed red and a bit of white sauce but on the Italian side type of sauce, I liked it but Nana wants something on the sweet side. He said that majority of our guest might not like Italian based sauce. This is good but we have other pasta dish to try on.

And now, we go on my favorite part Desserts

Chocolate Decadence

Verdict: I expected this to be good but this is just so-so for me, the cake is moist and not that sweet (which is good) but this did not pass my expectation.

White chocolate cake

Verdict: This is Nana's love at first bite. Nana sampled the desserts first and after tasting this he told me to put this on our dessert list and I am not disappointed I also love this one. The cake is soft and "melt in the mouth" plus the icing is not that sweet.

Creme Brulee

Verdict: Consistency is okay but it lacks the flavor/taste that I am looking for a Creme Brulee. Vikings version is a lot better

Crepe Samurai

Verdict: What I love about this is that this is not that sweet and it has mangoes inside that compliments the crepe. Nana love this and I think our mango lover guest will love this also.

Banoffee

Verdict: The simplicity of this dessert made us say yes and add this to our food choices. Fresh bananas at the bottom and cream on top with a pinch of I think burnt sugar. Nana loves banana so much and no wonder he wants this in our menu.

Overall, Yes we have better food choices this time but still there are misses but hey, we have more than a year to decide and pick the best foods for us. 

And yes, we booked K by Cunanan already. I am one happy bride. 




0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com