Sunday, June 9, 2013

1st Food Tasting : K by Cunanan

This is a long overdue post(as usual), We scheduled our Food tasting with K by Cunanan last March 12, 2013 (we are on a holiday because of system maintenance). Me, Nana and my 2 bff Lhen & Roselle went to Ayala Heights in Quezon City at around 11am (in time for lunch) for our very first food tasting. All of us did not eat breakfast so imagine how hungry we are. (^_^)

Picture-picture while waiting for our foods

We were left alone while eating, this is a plus factor for me because we can comment honestly on the foods that they will serve, another plus factor is that we are like in a formal sit-down lunch because foods were served one by one and the servings is really good for four.

They first serve the famous Raspberry Iced Tea and water 
Verdict: I super love this, not so sweet and refreshing. We all love this, 4 thumbs up for this. I wonder if the Vanilla Iced tea taste good also? I want to try it next time (^_^)

Then, they served us 3 appetizers (good for four also) -sorry, but I can only show you the 2 appetizers because the other 1 is a sure hit and is now included in my food choices and must be kept secret - we need to excite you lol!

Hoisin Chicken Wrap
Verdict: this is one of their bestseller, we expected this to be good and we are not disappointed this is really good, the cucumber adds crunch and the mayo and sauce blends perfectly. We might get this one but we will try the other variant first, the Crackling Pork Wrap before we decide, now will it be Chicken or Pork? hmmm.. lets see..

Fried Spinach & Feta Ravioli
Verdict: I do not eat spinach, but this one is an exemption. It doesn't taste like spinach. This comes with a salsa(sorry no picture of the salsa) combining both it is really good. Again, I did not put this yet on our food list because we will still try other appetizers.

Appetizers were followed by soup and then salad.

Broccoli and Cheese soup
Verdict: I can be biased with this, I love Broccoli combined with cheese yummy! I love the texture of this soup because there is crunch due to broccoli bits but not all loves broccoli so I still have to think again if I'll get this. I have to make sure that our food choices will be based on what the majority will like. Lhen & Roselle said the soup is just so-so(they don't eat broccoli that much). Nana also likes this too. We will try the Squash soup next time.

Insalata Caprese, Orange, Walnuts, Strawberry Vinaigrette
Verdict: We are suppose to have the Barbeque Chicken Salad but because it is not available that day, we had this instead. Do not get me wrong I love green salads but maybe because of the Vinaigrette dressing it did not taste that good to me and this is kindda "effort" to eat, it took me some time to finish my salad. Maybe if the dressing is ceasar I might like this more. I think we will stick to the Barbeque Chicken Salad.

Here comes the main Entrees, because the Honey Nut Prawn is not available that day  *sad* it was replaced by Seafood Paella.

Supreme of Chicken, Herb Cream Sauce
Verdict: They all love this, I liked it too (it's yummy). It taste like cordon bleu with creamy sauce. This is on top of our list for Chicken dish but we will try other chicken dish next time (we do not want to serve you all cream-based foods)

Barbeque Beef Ribs
Verdict: Nana love this, He want me to put this on the chosen menu list already. The barbeque sauce is really good, The corn also complimented with the beef ribs, and a plus factor that the beef is so tender but I think this will go best with mashed potato what do you think? Well, another dish that is on top of our list, we just need to try the Osso Bucco first before we decide. 

Seafood Paella
Verdict: Everybody knows how much I love seafood so I maybe biased here again, I love shrimp and this really taste good but It's like my ordinary paella nothing extra ordinary. We  also do not want to add another rice dish because we already love the carrot rice. We will stick to the Honey nut prawn for our seafood dish.

Carrot Rice
Verdict: We all love this, not your ordinary rice. I can even eat this as is without any viand. (this is really good) 4 thumbs up for this.

Chicken, Wild Mushrooms, linguine, Cream sauce
Verdict : The cream sauce is good, chicken is tender but the pasta is hard and not "al dente". I am not a master of pasta but I believe the one they served us is undercooked but it's good. I have to let go of this because not all will love wild mushroom. We are going to try another pasta dish next time.

For my favorite part : Desserts 
I am hearing raves regarding KbyC's desserts and today I can confirm that their desserts are really good... as in I super love the desserts they serve(except for one). I am sad that Banoffee is not available that day. (I am going to have a hard time to choosing 5 desserts)

Clockwise from top : Quezo de Bola Cheesecake, Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice cream, Mango Panna cotta and Mixed Fruit Compote
Verdict: 
1. Quezo de bola cheesecake - Love love love.. not too sweet and very yummy I also love the consistency of the cheesecake. This is included in our menu list.

2. Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice cream - At first I thought this is not good (I am not a fan of apple as dessert) but together with vanilla ice cream this gives a different taste. This is also included in our menu.

3. Mango Panna Cotta - For variety, this is also good, okay it's your usual panna cotta and just the right sweetness combined with the sweetness of mango. another dessert on our list.

4. Mixed Fruit Compote - I did not like this, so as Nana and my other friends. We asked if this can be replaced with Fresh Fruits and Jieza (our AE) said they can, so we will have Fresh Fruits on our list.


Overall, We were happy with the food choices (except for the salad and one of the dessert). I can't wait for our 2nd FT (yes, we will have 2nd FT because I need to make sure of our food choices). Basic styling is already included but their basic styling is already nice. I even requested for that big mirror and Jieza said she can let us use it without additional charge (yey!) and she can even lend us jars for our candy buffet (now talk about savings).

Here are some of the table arrangement that we liked (got from K by Cunanan's FB Page)

Guest Table Set-up

VIP Table Set-up

Yes, we love Twigs

and this is the Backdrop that i fell in love with
I have to change the flower colors to pastel

and the Big Mirror I am talking about (to be placed somewhere)

Good food and Great styling we cannot ask for more. I will be so happy if we get K by Cunanan. Our date is pencil-booked until June 23, 2013 that means we have to decide fast. (^_^)





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com